CrossNet is once again sponsoring a one-day Backpack Giveaway & More Event on Tuesday, August 10th, time to be determined. This year we are anticipating to handout over 500 backpacks to students in grades K-12. In addition to backpacks and school supplies, Anchored Ministries will be there to with back to school clothing, food, and many other resources all for FREE!
Every backpack given through our event is filled with brand new school supplies so that the students will feel confident and empowered to start a new year.
We have compiled grade lists to make shopping easier! There are five grade-specific lists below. Choose a grade level, click on the link, print the flyer and have fun shopping!
Please consider donating backpacks and supplies in any way that suits you best. Get your children, co-workers, small groups, churches, and organizations involved!
- Host a backpack and supply drive. We are hoping to collect and giveaway 600 backpacks and school supplies. We have 10 bins available to put in your church or business to collect supplies if so desired.
- Toiletries. In addition to school supplies we like to offer toothpaste and toothbrushes if we have them available.
- Financial Donations. Financial donations will go towards purchasing free coupons for haircuts and ice cream snack.
- Amazon Wish List. If you like shopping online check out our Amazon Wish List for specific items that are needed. Click here for our Amazon Wish List
- Age Specific Shopping Lists. These lists are available as a guideline if you want to specifically shop for a student(s).
- Volunteering. We will need volunteers to receive and organize donations and fill backpacks prior to our event. However, due to COVID-19 occupancy restrictions, please email Lisa for more information.
You can also volunteer during our event on Tuesday, August 11th and/or at our NEW SORT WEEK, Monday-Thursday, August 3-6. Contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. See link below for more details.